Old Glory BBQ Slaw

During my nanny days of DC I went to a BBQ restaurant called Old Glory in Georgetown. When you sit at your table they offer up around 8 sauces for barbeque from around the United States. I loved sitting there with a pile of pulled pork trying all the sauces. I remember not loving the Texas sauce (sorry- too much like chili). But I loved the barbeque sauce from North Carolina. I particularly loved the vinegar barbeque sauce that was the perfect pairing for me to the sweet roasted pork.

Here is my idea: I'll prepare shredded cabbage, carrot and add shredded apple. Toss it with the carolina vinegar and eat it on top of the pulled pork sandwich. Wish me luck! Here is my mental recipe idea:

Old Glory Slaw:
1 cup cider vinegar
2 tablespoons salt
2 tablespoon brown sugar
1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1 head cabbage sliced thin
2 carrots, grated
1 apple, grated

Mix first four ingredients together. Let stand as long as possible, at least 1/2 a day, but the longer the better. Combine desire amount with remaining ingredients, serve immediately on a pulled pork sandwich.

0 comments:

Post a Comment